Wednesday


$125 [+shipping] : Oil on panel : 8 x 10 inches :


Its important for artist to experiment with technique but its also important and often overlooked for us to experiment with subject matter as well.  Lately I have found that I really connect with subject matter that relates to the spirit even if its a bit cliche I feel as though it has become cliche for a good reason, it works.  I have been gravitating ever more slowly towards painting only things that connect with me in this way.  However I discovered this connection by experimenting with subjects so its important that I continue this practice even though I finally feel comfortable with a specific batch of subjects.

This painting seems straight-forward but for me I had to push myself to stick with such a traditional still-life of fruits and plants.  I don't think I will make a regular habit of painting C'ezanne'like still lives, although I am fascinated with C'ezanne so who knows.  I did learn some interesting things from this painting though, for one that building up the painting in blocks is like feeling your way around in the dark but it can still lead to really satisfying results.


Be well



............................................................................................................................................



Want to see more paintings plus free exclusive articles and updates?
Subscribe to my newsletter The Monthly ENSO, find out more here.


............................................................................................................................................

0 comments :

Post a Comment